[Xojo] 5.4b8 SQL_Problem

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Thu Aug 15 01:20:18 CDT 2013

Hi Ruslan

In fact, i had in 2 cases written 'field.name =' instead of 'field.value =' (classes-way) and by this changed the name of the field. This is the explanation, why the SQL-routine worked as long as there is no new instantiation.

So, coming back after instantiating the DB and reopening the file, there is a name conflict (the constructor instantiates with the old field-name). As usual it is quite easy to understand, but only after the show.

I used the SQL command and the program immediately quits. (There is no error, the routine  would catch the exception - and the program itself would anyway go out with a exception).

Best regards
Karl