Query Question

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Sep 11 13:39:42 CDT 2012

On 9/11/12 9:25 PM, "Tim Seyfarth" <tjs at global-electronics.com> wrote:

Hi Tim,

> I see now the menu item in V5B to  check for updates, and I also visited
> the blog you wrote about - thank you.

Ok,

Btw, please direct such general questions and/or discussions to Valentina
list (main or beta)

Many advances here

A) other people can read info
B) other people can help faster of  us
C) other our developers can answer faster of me
D) it is archived for future searches

Btw, this is page about Date Formatting that we have develop for last days.

<http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products
:vstudio:help:report_editor:formatting:date_time>

============
> One question/problem I came across last night is, how can I use >1 table
> or >1 query in a single report?

tables:

SELECT *
FROM T1 join T2 join T3
WHERE ...
ORDER BY  ...

To use few queries in single report you need use power of sub-reports.

> The data is not related either.

For tables also?  I.e. Two independent SELECTs?
Then sub-queries.

We know that e.g. MS SQL Server is able have few RecordSets for single
report... We do not have such feature for now, but sub-reports should work

> One table in the Database has information about the user, like their company
> name, the ID that we gave them for their company and other tables have
> information that is what we want to report.  The company information we need
> to display as part of the report or page header, the other information is what
> needs to be displayed in the body of the report.
>
> If I create another query, I loose the data fields from the first
> query.  I must be doing something wrong.

Sub-reports

When you create a sub-report, you will need specify Field Map, or Parameters
map, to inform sub-report about something -- usually about some value from
the current main record

I think best of all video tutorials will help to learn this

http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:video:vspro:vspro