VStudio and vdb files

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 26 02:48:41 CDT 2012

On 10/24/12 6:46 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

 Hi Beatrix,

> after updating to the latest beta of VStudio my document icon is changed to a
> database one. This is not polite! Please undo this or at least ask the user.

Hmm

Lets learn this more deeply.

We have just assigned that our own extensions

  .vdb   .dat    .blb    .ind     have got icons.

What extensions have YOUR documents?

2) ask user ...

We know that many WINDOWS apps do this during install.
RAR, SAFARI, QuickTime for exmaple.

But I am not sure that there is such mechanism for OS X.

Actually stop.

Windows apps ask only: if you want associate e.g. Quicktime to open avi file
as default app.