Vserver b30 Mac prefs pane ** INSTALLING 5.0 VSERVER **

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon May 28 06:45:31 CDT 2012

On 5/28/12 11:53 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Tested just now.
>
> The package has 0 bytes with 7 mb on disk. The server is running for 15487
> days (>42 years!). Stopping doesn't do anything, neither restarting. How can I
> find out which version of the server is running?

 --------- INSTALLING  5.0 VSERVER

For developers who did have installed VSERVER 4.x
It is very important to remove it manually

BECAUSE

    WE HAVE RENAME VServer_office to just VServer

So new installer of 5.0, installes into OTHER folder .
And vserver 5.0 will not be able to start if vserver 4.x still runs
Because is used the same port ...

You need STOP vserver 4.x in any way
    * in console
    * in apple script menu on top right
    * using old 4.x prefs pane
    * just killing it in Active Monitor

Then install VSERVER 5.0
Then copy your existed databases if any from
    /Library/VServer_Office/databases

    /Library/VServer_x64/databases

======
If you want you can trash folder of VServer_Office 4.x

Also it is important to kill small file of v4
  /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.paradigmasoft.vserver_office.plist

This file do automatic start of vserver_office on start of computer.
So we do not need that for 4.x anymore...