The query time shown in the vStudio query builder is wrong

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Thu May 17 12:07:49 CDT 2012

I have this query

SELECT distinct t_family_name,t_given_name,p_description,v_shipID,
tripulantes.tripulanteID FROM tripulantes
LEFT JOIN linktripulantes on Link_tripulantes_linktripulantes
LEFT JOIN  positions ON Link_positions_tripulantes
left join voyages on linktripulantes.voyageID = voyages.voyageID
WHERE v_shipID = '150' AND tripulantes.t_pax <> '1';

It is on about 4000 records and I don't know enough about SQL and Valentina
to make a link for the "linktripulantes" which is a link table itself that
was brought in from when this database was converted from SQLite to
Valentina

This query takes 1 minute 15 seconds timed with my stop watch. It takes
about 1 minute 20 seconds. It took longer than that until I converted some
of the text fields to varchar.

But what I'm reporting is that the Query time shown is vStudio is 321
milliseconds.  I just wish that were true.

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try to speed this thing up?