Mantis 5779

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Wed May 16 03:40:38 CDT 2012

Hi Fabian.

> I cannot reopen 5779. But I have a note on it:
>
> That doesn't work under Win7. Probably VStudio has no rights to write to
> the registry.
I'll check it today.

> And second problem: what happens if I uninstall VStudio
> with the VDB-registration.
Nothing, Windows can't find the register application and ask user what
to do. The same behavior as when extension is not registered.

> Setup hat elevated rights and can register VDB and can unregister at
> uninstall!

I can't agree here. What if there are few versions of VStudio installed?
I've VStudio 4 and VStudio 5 working together. Unregister on
installation/uninstallation it is not right. Look to app like VLC
player, email clients, Notepad++ etc.