ServicePage of the rollback journal is invalid

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue May 15 08:32:09 CDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after some time I checked my log files. What does the following mean?
>
> 20120515_085829 : ServicePage of the rollback journal is invalid. : Mail Archive.journal
> 20120515_085829 : ServicePage of the rollback journal is invalid. : Mail Archive.journal

In short that means - journal file is corrupted and can not be used to restore the database.
I need to see whole warning log and more explanations how and when it happens to say more.

Probably you (or some app) tried to modify dbname.journal file in some way?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database