revOpenDatabase() -- list of open V4REV issues please

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed May 9 04:38:15 CDT 2012

On 09.05.2012 at 10:41 Uhr +0300 Ruslan Zasukhin apparently wrote:
>I do not understand why some say so bad words.
>Guy go to Oracle docs please, just for interest !!
>
>They have also WIKI.
>And it looks much worse of our Valentina WIKI.
>
>I was surprised by that ...

Worse or better is relative. Same documentation may be deemed good
for one product and insufficient for another. This depends how users
use it and what they know before coming to use it. Documentation for
Valentina has always been a target of complaints. For Valentina, same
documentation serves two purposes, which are  somewhat at odds with
each other: technical reference and teaching beginners how to use the
products.

I may go on the limb but let me say that a large part of the "wiki"
problem is probably the writing, the expression of the language that
is, the Russian-affected language you normally use. People working
with Valentina for longer time, got used to it. However, for newer
people, particularly those who don't know English very well, it may
be often hard to follow what the wiki says.

Another issue is probably the organization of information. I myself
have problems findings things there at occasion. I think the problem
is that the docs are organized from your perspective not perspective
of users.

The complaints about docs seem to come with each new wave of new
users, then subside over time as those users either figure out what
they need to know, get used to them, or go away.

Robert