revOpenDatabase() -- list of open V4REV issues please

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed May 9 02:29:02 CDT 2012

On 5/8/12 11:14 AM, "Marek Niesiobedzki" <nm at studionm.pl> wrote:

> "register" and "unregister" functions are very useful - you can hide databases
> from users unregistering it from the server.
>
> Marek
>

> On May 7, 2012, at 23:50 , william humphrey wrote:
>
>> OK - I remembered that you have to "register" the database first. That is
>> just crazy. How is any user supposed to know that? Again there should be a
>> simpler way. Please stop forcing your users to beat their heads against the
>> wall.

First of all REGISTER and UNREGISTER needed because you can then
 add/remove db files into WORKING server !!!

There is no other way ...

Server works... He knows, for example one db

Then William adds one more db into databases folder.
Server still don't know it ...

Its YOU must send command to VSERVER:
   REGISTER Db with such name ...

========
What I'd like improve may be is that vserver was able scan databases folder
And show somehow in vstudio list of all files ... Or only .vdb files ...
Then user could SEE that and double click to register ...

William, this is DB server.

You think why DB ADMINs are so important persons?  :-)