revOpenDatabase()

Marek Niesiobedzki nm at studionm.pl
Mon May 7 12:39:32 CDT 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 18:27 , Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/7/12 4:44 PM, "Marek Niesiobedzki" <nm at studionm.pl> wrote:
>
>> It's rather question to confirm by Ruslan.
>>
>> On my knowledge sate it should be independent (next) engine of VServer for iOs
>> - like exist for Mac, Pc and Linux systems - as you see they are separate
>> installation files. If you haven't such it is in my opinion not possible to
>> "embed" it to your application, because engine must be compiled for iOs in
>> such situation.
>>
>> I didn't buildin standalones for iOs which could use external Valentina DB's
>> on external servers, but it should be not problem (specially if you use rev...
>> functions, but hope V... functions will work also).
>>
>> Marek
>>
>> On May 7, 2012, at 14:18 , william humphrey wrote:
>>
>> Is your comment number 4. true? We can have an app on iPad or iPhone which
>> accesses an external valentina database  in vServer but is impossible to have
>> an iPad application which uses an embedded valentina application?
>
> Right,
>
> For iOS only VCLIENT present so far ...

And I hope not last. Also for Android. It should be great if it'll be universal DB for all main systems. It'll give the chance to forget about other solutions.

But I'll be happy if we can make external reliable connections from any system (Mac, PC, Linux, iOs, Android and f... Mobile 7/8) to any external server first. Local is for the future. Correcting bugs in Viki is also job for the future.

So let's make v5 final without bugs soon - wish you that.

Marek