Chat with Danny about -- View Editor in Vstudio 5

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Mar 30 09:02:58 CDT 2012

Danny Lewkin
hmm, double click on name of view used to open the code in sql editor

4:37
ruslan
now?

4:37
Danny Lewkin
4.9 yes, 5.0 no

4:38
ruslan
again, you MAC ?

4:38
Danny Lewkin
yes, always
now it opens what is called 'design view'

4:38
ruslan
probably this is new feature
it looks not good ??
body of view here  ?

4:40
Danny Lewkin
yes, now i get it, in design view i can also change the codeŠ I was used to
do this in sql editor

4:40
ruslan
VStudio now have mini parsers

4:40
Danny Lewkin
font is better in sql editor

4:40
ruslan
for some queries
in SQL editor better THAN in design view?

4:41
Danny Lewkin
and i see you kept the tab-close-button on the left side for mac, cool!
I think so

4:41
ruslan
  I'd name  it  "SQL View Editor"

4:41
Danny Lewkin
I think sql editor is better than design view

4:42
ruslan
why

4:42
Danny Lewkin
because you get to see more code
window is larger

4:42
ruslan
I need check this self

4:42
Danny Lewkin
and it is in a tab

4:42
ruslan
never have see actually

4:42
Danny Lewkin
not a separate window

4:42
ruslan
aha ‹ TAB is important - right
we all tend move into tabs now
ok I will talk with Igor about this

4:43
Danny Lewkin
x - + windows buttons of design view are disabled

4:43
ruslan
they always are such for MAC %(
issue from WX
=

4:44
Danny Lewkin
Navicat for example opens almost everything in a separate window, which is
for my taste, really really annoying, having to search for some window in
the backgroundŠ Tabs in 1 window are a lot more practical
aside from some bugs, vstudio is still my favorite database editor tool!

4:45
ruslan
AGREE
look btw on new CREATE TABLE dailog
but the most wow ‹ Diagrams
also SQL diff should be cool enough
-
Query Builder is broken btw
we will fix it after 5.0 I think
-
---
Once again
what is cool with diagrams
what DO NOT have Navicat and Workbench
they can do only diagram with existsed objects
or only diagram with new objects
we can addto diagram few existed tables
then you start develop v4 of your product
you work week
think
add more tables ‹ they are drawn in dash
you add links
you remove may be some fields or some existed tables
they draw in red
and so on
then click ‹ you get script to do all changes
4:47
-