Sandbox

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jun 10 06:18:36 CDT 2012

On 6/10/12 12:34 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <mail at beatrixwillius.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

I do CC to Valentina beta list to share this info to all

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> now and then I check the blog of my main competitor. His latest entry was a
> lament on the Sandbox.
>
>> Another app, MailSteward <http://www.mailsteward.com/> , uses the SQLite
>> database engine, which creates a journal file as a database is being updated.
>> Since the user has not authorized the creation of this file, even though it
>> is in the same location as the user has chosen for the database file, it
>> violates the sandboxing rules. So that app too cannot exist on the app store.

> Does this apply also to the Journal file of Valentina 5? Protection from
> crashes really has improved with the Journal file.

* Valentina DB have even worse case :)
    because it can have few files in database.

But we have solution.
We have found it on Apple Dev Forum  in sandbox section

We already have implement it in vstudio  for its branch that should go into
MAS

Idea of solution is described in our dokuwiki5  here
<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki5/doku.php?id=valentina:products:vstudi
o:manual:mac:sandbox>

In fact you all guys need repeat this solution ion your GUI apps that want
to be sandboxed. It looks not perfect on first look, but it is not so bad in
fact ... Why not if Apple push us to this ...

And your competitor also can do this btw :-)
Probably they just do not know above solution ...

MAY BE future apple will offer some better way,
Because in fact each cocoa app that use CoreData (i.e. SQLite) not is
kicked...

MAY BE they will allow to app describe set of files-satellites....
For SQLite and for Valentina DB this will resolve issue...
But not for all apps ... Such as text editors which need scan folders of
header files and other folders ...