WARNING about vserver name change => check your firewalls

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Apr 23 12:08:11 CDT 2012

Hi All,

Today myself have catch into trap ...
    I try connect from MAC to my win7 VSERVER and ... Cannot connect.

Win -> mac,
Win -> win
Mac -> mac

    no problems

I have spend two hours until have come to idea to check ports ...

And yes, win7 firewall knows old names for 4.9
    Vserver Office
     Vserver Embedded

But there is no new name Vserver_x64

As only I have correct this -- bingo all works again fine.

STRANGE is that this time windows did not offer me to create this rule
automatically...

Marek,

at first I have to think this can be your case also,
But then remember that you say Vstudio can connect to your vserver in LAN ..

Although I want clarify - VStudio was able connect from the same computer
where Livecode try ?