Journaling

Fabian Kneubuehl support at ysd.ch
Fri Apr 20 02:23:14 CDT 2012

Ruslan,

I used transaction control for concurrent DB changes in other DBs. E.g. If I
generate an invoice I start a TA, then I print the invoice. In the case the
printing fails, I rollback all TAs else I commit. So I guarantee, that the
invoices data are consistent. But flushing the DB was done by the DB itself
and not by my app!

The only secure strategy to prevent a huge data loss is to flush all DB
changes. Why does VServer not flush e.g. all x minutes (settable with a
property in VServer.INI) and what happens if cache is full?

Regards

Fabian