(!!!) Changes in SQL parser for 5.0. Be prepared please.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Nov 6 07:49:34 CST 2011

Hi All,

We have remove couple of wrong things in 4.x parser.

1)  4.x did allow this

    SELECT f1 as 'New name'         << single quotes, i.e. Char literal

This is wrong, here must be only IDENT allowed

    SELECT f1 as "New name"         << double quotes, delimited ident
    SELECT f1 as NewName            << or even without quotes if no spaces

So if you have such single quotes in SQL code, please replace to double
quotes. This will work even for 4.x

2) REGISTER DATABASE db_name [path_name]

Db_name in 4.x expected in single quotes. WRONG.
Should be again just IDENT.

I think this case rare code in your apps ...
But again, if you have it, you will need need correct it for 5.0 vserver.