VLog warning

jda jda at his.com
Wed May 25 16:34:38 CDT 2011

Hi Ruslan,

I have a VarChar field (called "VarCharField" in a table called
"misc") that I create without an index (size 2044). When I open the
db in VS I see varCharField indexed. OK, maybe Valentina forces that.
My question is this:

  I do this SQl search (where s is an escaped string):

   tempCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select textField,integerField
from misc where propertyName='groupName' AND varCharField='" + s +
"'", EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadOnly)

Why does this search always result in this VLog warning?

         I   n   d   e   x       s   e   a   r   c   h       i   n
   t   h   e       f   i   r   s   t       2   5   6
   s   y   m   b   o   l   s       o   n   l   y       :
   F   i   n   d   V   a   l   u   e
   m   i   s   c   :   :   v   a   r   C   h   a   r   F   i   e   l   d

Jon