RB Build Automation and Valentina

jda jda at his.com
Wed Jan 20 16:32:10 CST 2010

>>If you use Studio you can use build automation with the following IDE script:
>>
>>   dim cmd as String
   cmd = CurrentBuildLocation + "/Contents/INSTALL_VCOMPONENTS_V4RB_v3"
>>   cmd = cmd + " " + CurrentBuildLocation + "/" +
>>getShellString(CurrentBuildAppName) + ".app" + "/"
>>   dim theOutput as string = doShellCommand(cmd)
>>   if theOutput <> "" then print theOutput
>>
>>   function getShellString(theString as String) as string
>>     Return ReplaceAll(theString, " ", "\ ")
>>   end Function
>>
>>   'only works if "Use Build Folder" during build is not selected
>>
>>There you can also see the final slash. I was told that I can
>>properly escape the application name, but the function seems easier
>>to read.

Hi,

I'm not getting this to work. Is there anything special about the
location of the install script? I've placed it in the same folder as
the project, and then tried it in folder called Contents in the same
folder as the project. I'm not using a build folder.  But my build
app doesn't contain VComponents...

Thanks,

Jon