[ANN] 4.7b1 MAC + WIN uploaded. New 64 bit ADKs for MAC: V4CC, VSDK, VPHP_Standalone

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Aug 16 05:28:01 CDT 2010

On 7/2/10 12:29 AM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

Sorry for delayed answer on this
But now it is time try discuss this..

> encountered some issues with this build:
>
> first why did you remove the VCursor contructor (initWithDB)?

Because such constructor was only in V4RB some time ago,
And it was "copied" into  V4CC.

All other Valentina ADKs do not have it.
So we just  have to unify API.

---------------
> This was a lot useful when trying to query several cursor in a row with a
> readwrite lock

This is not clear to me. Example ?

> I mean the standard DB SqlQuery method returns an autoreleased object that
> will keep the lock alive for the entire main loop cycle.

> If you don't want we alloc init our cursors we at least need a destructor or
> unlock method for the cursor.

Again - explain please.

Just have point that  since V4CC have start to use autorelease.
Developers should start to use NSAutoReleasePool to control life of cursor.

> I guess this is most crucial for multiuser environments
> (I could solve this simply building a NoLock cursor in my single user app)

So far I have not catch where troubles are.
Also all other ADKs do not have this and live ..