VReport Dynamic Labels

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 7 03:19:38 CST 2009

On 1/7/09 10:12 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 1/6/09 11:30 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:
>
> Hi Bart,
>
>> Hi Ruslan, list,
>>
>> I wonder if it is possible to bind the labels in a vreport to a field
>> in such a way that the text shown in such a  binded label is set by
>> the cursor returned by the reports query ?
>> This would allow in multilanguage environments to let the query define
>> the text of the label through the use of aliasses in the query
>>

>> a query would then look like this:
>>
>> select user_firstname as [voornaam] from t1.....
>>
>> the label text in the report would then be 'voornaam' .
>>
>> hope I made myself clear (enough)
>
> It seems not now, but good idea.
> I think should be not hard implement.
>
> Igor?

I have to think more about this and I see problems.

When we design report, we use some SQL query.
It produce cursor with e.g. Fileds f1, f2, f3
We see THESE names of fields on left side

And report use NAME OF FIELDs as primary identity.

In docs I have write:
    you can give later in runtime OTHER SELECT,
    but important is to have THE SAME field names !!