Igor, Text with MERGE of db field ? // Export to HTML

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 25 14:37:02 CDT 2008

On 9/25/08 9:50 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at cognosis.be> wrote:

Hi Bart,
Hi Igor,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Great, certainly a good start. However there is one thing I wonder if
> it is already in Reports (both for HTML or PDF).
> I haven't had the time to investigate properly so maybe I am mistaken,
> but I miss the ability to MERGE a dbfield with
> text. (Like in FileMaker where you put some text on a layout with a
> merged field inside the text (Ctl-M)
>
> Like in a letter
>

> Dear <lastname> <firstname>,
> we would like to remind you that you still owe us <amount_due> € .......
>
> Is this already possible?

Not sure.

I have talk to Igor that you ask for HTML to be able get MAIL MERGE feature.

Igor, do we have such feature already?
Or you need implement it yet? I think it is not hard todo.

----
> If yes the only big thing remaining is we need absolutely to get
> VReports working on Linux. Even if that needs to be a desktop version.

As I understand it needs just that you or Danny chat with Igor until success
on your side.

> Really, really urgent now. So I think we do not need the rewrite for
> getting around wxWidgets problem, but a quick solution....
> Any ideas ?

Be in chat tomorrow.

Igor, also please be in chat tomorrow to help