V4RB v2 to v3

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Tue Nov 25 13:07:30 CST 2008

Hi Gunnar,

let me try my few ideas to help you ...

On 2008-11-25, at 19:26, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 11/25/08 8:03 PM, "Gunnar Jacobsen" <gunnar at fastpro.is> wrote:
>
>> Yes they all use the same Windows XP (english) with (icelandic
>> keyboard)
>
> So issue is not here ..
>
> Damn :-(

There are several issues - at least I've seen one or two times at one
of my customers - that could be additionally checked.

* Even if your using english as the system language, is there possible
some NON-english char inside of the complete path on these machine?

* From time to time a customer tends to answer a antivirus-software
question in the wrong way and so "lock" the file completely. Did you
check this? Everything fine? Or even better try to switch of.

* Long time ago - I spend weeks(!) to nail down some issues on Win -
and at least I found, that it was some "strange" user settings for
date, time format - I don't believe this is an issue here, but I tend
to always check these settings, too.

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord