[ANN] Valentina 4.0 b10 uploaded.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 20 03:06:13 CST 2008

Hi Valentina Developers,

* Have gone 19 days from 4.0b7 build, of all products and we are ready
introduce for you 4.0b10 build for all platforms and all products.
(b8 and b9 was linux only builds.)

* below you will find list of issues from Mantis resolved for b10.

***************
SOME COMMENTS:

* All Windows DLLs:  kernel, all ADKs, all vstudio and its plugins now
marked by versions,
   which you can see in the properties of dll.

* Valentina Server now have folder ³projects² parallel to folder
³databases².
Here we will keep Valentina Projects. Currently you need this to work with
Valentina Reports shared via Valentina Server.

* Valentina engine now have new SQL commands to work with projects:
    REGISTER/UNREGISTER PROJECT.  SHOW PROJECTS.

* Valentina Studio now have GUI support of projects under VSERVER.
   You can register/unregister project using menu commands, in the same way
    as we was able do this for databases.

* We have did a lots of refactoring/polishing to ensure that Vstudio now can
produce
Local reports for local projects, and VSERVER will produce reports from its
own projects,
so Vstudio connected to vserver do nothing self.

* On windows we have rename vstudio_win_cw folder to lower-case. This not
affect anything,
    just we want to have consistency for all platforms.

* Now vcomponents folder on WIN and MAC and Linux contains
       vresources
            english/*.xml
            russian/*.xml
            xsl/

    * This XSL allow you in IE to see Valentina Errors XML files in the nice
readable way.
    * we hope to add yet German translation of Valentina errors before 4.0.
            if somebody can help with e.g. French, Spain ­ it will be great.
            its about 250-300 sentences.

***************
VSTUDIO WIN INSTALL.

* On Windows now installers of VStudio and Vstudio PRO will produce
different folders:
           /Program Files/Paradigma Software/Valentina Studio 4
           /Program Files/Paradigma Software/Valentina Studio Pro 4

  the same for groups in the START menu. You must see now groups
          Valentina Studio 4
          Valentina Studio Pro 4

ATTENTION:
    It seems Window remember old installation groups. I was not able to get
correct name
    ³Valentina Studio 4² until choose in the menu Valentina Studio ->
Uninstall.
    This Uninstall do correct job: remove folder of vstudio and group from
START menu.
    After this new installer did correct job for me.

***************
TODO for 4.0

* we planning yet add Lable mode for Valentina Reports:  Vstudio PRO GUI and
report-runtime.
* Smart folders into Tree of Schema Browser of Vstudio.

And with this we will consider 4.0 as ready. So after 4.0b11 and may be b12,
We will start produce final candidates. I think we will finish these two new
tasks on this week.

***************
kernel - 4.0
============
- 0003749: [SQL] [CHANGE] "SHOW DATABASES" command now shows also closed but
registered dbs of vserver. (ruslan) - resolved.
- 0003748: [SQL] [NEW] "SHOW PROJECTS" command. (ivan) - resolved.
- 0003747: [SQL] [NEW] "REGISTER/UNREGISTER PROJECT" commands. (ruslan) -
resolved.
- 0003746: [SQL] [CHANGE] REGISTER/UNREGISTER DATABASE commands now expect
string_literal nut not IDENT (ruslan) - resolved.
- 0003745: [SQL] [NEW] "SELECT ... FOR REPORT proj.report AS {PDF|HTML|JPG}
PAGES start TO end" clause. (ruslan) - resolved.
- 0003742: [Installation] Missing style sheet for XML error files. (Kirill)
- resolved.
- 0003735: [SQL Nodes] Insert algorithm crashes in some circumstances (ivan)
- resolved.
- 0003719: [SQL] Binding don't work for complex queries (ivan) - resolved.
- 0003726: [Feature Request] CDATA clause in SELECT ... FOR XML queries
(ivan) - resolved.
- 0003695: [SQL] have a sql_call to generate a vreport inside a stored
procedure (ivan) - resolved.

VServer - 4.0
=============
- 0003750: [ini-file] [NEW] SystemProjectCatalog property (ruslan) -
resolved.
- 0003740: [ini-file] [NEW] ini-file parameter MaxTransferTimeout (ivan) -
resolved.
 - 0003736: [API] DOS Attack: VServer does not respond anymore to ANY
connection attempt when opening a simple, invalid telnet connection to it
(ivan) - resolved.

VStudio PRO - 4.0
- 0003734: [Installation] latest beta build of vstudio pro does not run on
non-intel mac with system 10.4.11 (ruslan) - resolved.
- 0003709: [Reports - Generate - PDF+XML] Ability to generate PDF with
embedded XML (igor_nikita) - resolved.