using reports

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Nov 9 14:37:34 CST 2008

On 11/9/08 10:23 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> I'm trying to make a printed manifest. It has a header from three or four
> tables and then down below it has rows of data that are from another three or
> four tables.

Once again:
    you try to use Valentina Studio PRO -- Report Editor, yes?

    or you develop this in REV code ?

> If I build it in RunRev I just make individual SQL calls for each
> element, or sections of elements, store them in arrays or listso of text and
> put those in different places on the RunRev card as I need them. If something
> is missing I just do another SQL to get the missing field and put it in.

Aha, I see now.

> The reports feature of Valentina Pro seems to require just one SQL to get
> every data field you need. I would like to at least divide it into two SQL,
> one for the header (which doesn't repeat down the page) and one for the
> repeating elements.

Okay, I think that you can resolve this task with help of SUB-REPORTs
control

1) create "report_header"
        define SQL for it, you can even test and preview it.

2) create report_main

    Header
            drop here SUB-REPORT control
            and choose to use  "report_header"

    Body
            define here fields from SQL_query_2
            for this main report.

If needed you can have few sub-reports combined in one main report.

NOTE: since you say that your header report is not related at all to your
data, then you even do not need specify "Parameters Map" for your
sub-report.