FOR XML ... RAW [ [WITH | USE] CDATA ]

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Nov 4 08:10:38 CST 2008

    http://valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=3725

> Would it not be more flexible if inside the use cdate we could specify what
> columns needed to be with cdata

Ivan do not see many sense in this,

His point is:

* Let we say just FOR XML -- we get faster XML, which CAN BE not valid.

* Let we say FOR XML CDATA f2 -- if bad chars are only in f2, this make
valid document, but f1 still can produce problems right?

So Ivan thinks that CDATA is just request -- GET VALID XML FILE.
on this Valentina will check each char in VALUES, and if VALUE has such char
then and ONLY then add CDATA wrapper.

So we have 2 simple options:
    - NEVER USED CDATA
    - USE CDATA if value require that.

Even with CDATA, if your values do not have bad chars, you will get plain
XML without any CDATA at all.

What you think?