Create a field type DECIMAL(5,2) like for money

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Thu Jul 10 12:51:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

On 2008-07-10, at 19:45, Bart Pietercil wrote:

> I really don't have the time right now to explain but I couldn't
> agree less....
while hating to say me too, I must agree with you and not agreeing ;-=

> 1) most serious sql databases understand the types Valentina is using
> 2) if you want speed you will need to optimise the structure of your
> database
> 3) if looking up the meaning of the datatypes in the wiki proves to
> be too difficult maybe you should be only the datatypes you do
> understand ?

not only because of speed wise, sometimes it's a question of memory,
too. E.g. position tracking for a large scale logistic company with
several 1000000 records you're happy about every single byte you can
squeeze out of a row ;-)

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord