[ANN] Valentina 4.0b12 UPLOADED for 3 platforms

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 16 12:46:12 CST 2008

Hi All,

    http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/4.0b12

Two weeks of job now finished -- result is 4.0b12

* [IMP][KERNEL] - Speed of FK Join 3+ tables improve in 2-3 times.

If you have joins on 3 and more tables you can expect speed up in 2-3 times
for regular Relational Model FK-links. For ObjectPtr or Binary links there
is not changes, they was fine already.

And This is still not new fast algorithm, which works for Join2,
Just improved existed algorithm.

* [NEW][KERNEL] -- Case-Sensitive IDENTS

Valentina now can be asked to work with SOME database in CASE-SENSETIVE mode
for IDENTs. New Property of database is added for this.

    if you set such mode that
        "CREATE TABLE T1..." and  "CREATE TABLE t1"
    will create different tables.

    * case sensitivity works for Tables, Links, Fields, View Names
    * it not works for
        - Names of stored procedures.

READ DETAILS HERE:
<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:vkernel:database_identifiers_case_sensitive>

We have implement this because Jens have point us that by SQL92 standard,
strictly speaking, delimited IDENTs should be case-sensitive.

We have learn other dbs, and have found that here present absolute Zoo.
E.g. MySQL supports case-sensitive  only for Table names, as side effect of
their storage format -- each table is disk file. So all depends on OS file
system where you run mySQL. Other dbs have absolutely different points of
view.

I believe that 99% of Valentina developers WILL NOT use this option.
On default Valentina still work in case-insensitive mode for IDENTs.
But if you need - you have way now.

* [NEW][SQL] - now we can use in the HAVING  clause the same AGGR expression
as in the SELECT. Up to know we did allow only INDEX NUMBER of this expr in
the SELECT list.

Example
    SELECT sum(f1)
    HAVING sum(f1) > 100

* [NEW][VPHP] - class VBinaryValue, for PHP 5.2 and newer
        this allow you send BLOBs to Valentina using SQL Binding.

* [IMPROVE][Vstudio PRO][REPORTS]

    quite big chnages in the report Editor. Nice new toolbar,
    removed TAB panel for preview. Now you have just button Preview.
    Improved speed of report editor. And dozens of other improvements
    over all.