Linux local db encryption issue b11

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Fri Dec 5 07:16:06 CST 2008

Hi Kirill,

V4RB on RB2008r3.1

Once I started thinking about it, I believe that local file encryption
on Linux has been broken for a while, but I don't generally use local
files, mostly VServer so I did not worry too much.

     dbfile = dbname+".vdb"
     f = new folderItem(dbfile)

     if f.Exists then
       if lsldb.lslencrypt then
         vcdb.UseEncryptionKey(dbAuth(4),EVDataKind.kStructureOnly)
         vcdb.UseEncryptionKey(dbAuth(5),EVDataKind.kRecordsOnly)
       end if

       vcdb.open(f)

       if vcdb.IsOpen then
         if lsldb.lslencrypt then
           if not vcdb.IsEncrypted then
              vcdb.Encrypt(dbAuth(4),EVDataKind.kStructureOnly)   //
kStructureAndRecords, kStructure
              vcdb.Encrypt(dbAuth(5),EVDataKind.kRecordsOnly)   //
kStructureAndRecords, kStructure
           end if
         end if
       end if

       if not vcdb.isopen then
         #if TargetHasGUI then
           msgBox "Database Open Failed"
           system.log(system.LogLevelError,"LSL DB Error: Database
Open Failed")
         #else
           system.log(system.LogLevelError,"LSL DB Error: Database
Open Failed")
         #endif
         quit
       end if

       me.lslconnected=true

     else
       vcdb.create(f,EVDbMode.kDsc_Dat_Blb_Ind,64*1024)

       if not vcdb.isopen then
         #if TargetHasGUI then
           msgBox "Database Create Failed"
           system.log(system.LogLevelError,"LSL DB Error: Database
Create Failed")
         #else
           system.log(system.LogLevelError,"LSL DB Error: Database
Create Failed")
         #endif
         quit
       end if

       me.lslconnected=true

       if not dbraw then
         result=createtables(me)

         updateStatus(15)

         result = populatedb(me)

         if vcdb.IsOpen then
           if lsldb.lslencrypt then
             if not vcdb.IsEncrypted then
                vcdb.Encrypt(dbAuth(4),EVDataKind.kStructureOnly)   //
kStructureAndRecords, kStructure
                vcdb.Encrypt(dbAuth(5),EVDataKind.kRecordsOnly)   //
kStructureAndRecords, kStructure
             end if
           end if
         end if