[ANN] Valentina 3.6b31 uploaded, MAC, WIN, Linux.

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Fri Aug 1 08:10:32 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

On Aug 1, 2008, at 1:29 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 8/1/08 8:23 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
> wrote:
>
>> On 8/1/08 3:27 AM, "Jason Moehlman" <jmoehlma at moehlman.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>>> Hi Ruslan,
>>>
>>> The new Mac VSERVER installer puts something on the disk now, but
>>> does
>>> not install any executable, just Databases, Licences, pem cert's and
>>> the .ini file.
>>>
>>> Using Mac OS X 10.5.4
>>
>> Damn. Will check again now.
>> Thank you for report.
>
> Check, I do not see such effect.
>    /Library/VServer_Office/VServer_Office/Contents/MacOS/
> VServer_Office
>
> Everything exists.
>
> Try install again and during install click button CUSTOMIZE to see if
> checkboxes are ON.
>

> Thorsten, can you check install also on your mac?

I have checked the check boxes, destination, everything I can get to.
I do understand that it works probably most of the time, but there is
something killing me here.  Unfortunately I am not a expert in Mac
packaging or installation issues, since most of the time you just drop
an App into the Applications folder.

So I was hoping for some general ideas to try, Google has a lot of
references to this problem in general, but they are all for a
particular product like Adobe or MS Office stuff.

I tried the VServer_Office instead of VServer_Embedded.  It at least
asked me to reboot and did seem different, I was very hopeful until it
came back up and it was the same as embedded just the support files
and the exact same group.

Is there any type installation tracking that may think the software is
already installed on the Mac that I could zap instead of just deleting
the installation directories?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason