3.5b11 SQL exception -- changes db..

jda jda at his.com
Wed Nov 28 15:17:36 CST 2007

>On 28/11/07 10:21 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Jon,
>
>>   I find that after running my app with
>>  3.5b11 it modified my databases, and not trying to open them with
>>  3.5b8 won't work. Right now I'm stuck at this error after opening a
>>  db with 3.5b8:
>
>I have not catch about b11 and b8.
>
>>       tempCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select varCharField,blobField
>>  from misc where propertyName='groupName'",
>>  EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadOnly,
>>  EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
>>
>>  result = tempCursor.FirstRecord
>>
>>        gives error
>>
>>  Cursor "1" is read only
>>
>>  WTF? I had to trash the db. Lucky I haven't deployed 3.5b11 and it's
>>  only my own database that was destroyed.
>
>b11 do not change format of db.

It's worse than I thought. Even though I downgraded to 3.5b8 I'm
getting all sorts of errors when running a project that ran just fine
before upgfading to 3.5b11. I even manually removed the vcomponents
folder, trashed it, and then reinstalled b8. Are there any other
files that might have been left behind that are causing conflicts.
I'm dead in the water at the moment...

Jon