3.5b11 SQL exception

jda jda at his.com
Wed Nov 28 14:21:19 CST 2007

>On 28/11/07 6:29 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Jon,
>
>>  I'm getting an SQL exception thrown on this query:
>>
>>  select
>>  id,hit,uniqueID,varCharField,authors,thedate,title,editors,keywords
>>  from thereferences where id=1
>>
>>  complaining that
>>
>>  unexpected token: keywords
>>
>>  Why? Is "keywords" reserved now?
>
>Yes.
>
>We have add new SQL commands:
>
>     SHOW KEYWORDS
>     SHOW IDENTS
>
>Btw, you can all use now SHOW KEYWORDS to see easy list of keywords from
>Parser.,

Not only do I have to revert to an early build of Valentina because
of this unilateral decision, I find that after running my app with
3.5b11 it modified my databases, and not trying to open them with
3.5b8 won't work. Right now I'm stuck at this error after opening a
db with 3.5b8:

     tempCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select varCharField,blobField
from misc where propertyName='groupName'",
EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadOnly,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom)

result = tempCursor.FirstRecord

      gives error

Cursor "1" is read only

WTF? I had to trash the db. Lucky I haven't deployed 3.5b11 and it's
only my own database that was destroyed.

Jon (I'm replying on the beta list, where I should have posted originally)