getting the same record multiple times in a cursor

jda jda at his.com
Sun Feb 18 08:13:51 CST 2007

>On 18/2/07 3:14 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Jon,
>
>>  I'd like to create a cursor in which the same table record can be
>>  represented more than once. That is, if the user asks for the same
>>  record twice in a single query, I'd like two records returned in the
>>  cursor.
>>
>>  Is that possible?
>
>I think no.
>
>EACH record must be multiplied N times?
>What sense in this ?

Hi Ruslan,

I'm coordinating information interchange with another application.
The other app sends me a list of records it wants returned. My app
fetches them and sends them back. Later the other app may send me the
list again, for updating, and there needs to be a one-to-one
correspondence between the records. The problem is that users may ask
for the same record twice (don't ask why!) and so I must supply it
twice, in the order they ask for it.

I don't think there is an easy way to do this with SQL. The only
solution I can think of is to do a myCursor.AddRecord but not do an
UpdateRecord. Messy.

Jon