[NEW] Partial Success on MAC with weak linking, and DisableRBDB improve

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 7 03:52:13 CST 2007

Hi All,

1) WEAL LINKING on MAC.

I have spend 2 days on this issue, and now it works much better.

    Now ADK plugin, e.g. V4RB/V4REV/V4MD is linked only to
                     vshared
            WEAK     vkernel
            WEAK-ops vclient

    removed direct dependency of V4RB on ICU dll and VSDK v1.

    for Vclient I have write WEAK-OPS, because it seems XCODE
    have bug and refuse do weak linking for second dylib.

    So we still have big step forward here!

Really, now (in 2.5.6)  you will be able in your deployment installer:

    * skip VSDK if you do not use Convert_1_2()

    * skip vkenrel, VSDK, ICU if you want develop APP
        which is only CLIENT to vserver.

2)  One more required step in this game was redesign of code
    which work with DisableRBDB file.

Now code is more simple and do not touch at all vkernel for this task.

Result will be - changes in location of DisableRBDB file.
I will describe this in WIKI.

And, Shawn, I hope now it can start work on your French OS Windows.
So please test upcoming 2.5.6 version.