Valentina for REALbasic works as UB okay.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 27 12:28:26 CDT 2006

On 9/27/06 12:21 PM, "Dr Gerard Hammond" <realbasic at macsos.com.au> wrote:

>> -----------
>> Only glitch I have found so far in new REALbasic b5 is next:
>>
>> * I have start RB as Standard.
>> * V4RB present in plugins folder.
>> * I open some test project
>> * do BUILD APP for OS X UB only.
>> * RB show progress bar about different targets. Ok.
>>     this is MODAL dialog of progress bar.
>> * now RB see that plugin uses RBDB i.e. PRO functionality.
>>     and REALBasic show dialog about this with buttons Cancel/Continue
>>
>>     BUT! This dialog is show as sub-window of PROJECT window.
>>     So we have DEAD LOCK.
>>
>>     I cannot click continue, because MODEL progress bar dialog
>>     do not allow me switch to Project Window.
>
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Clearly the RB plugin environment is still a moving target, even at
> this late stage. (there must be some gnarly glue code!)
>
> I am sure RS will get there, but it must be very interesting (coding)
> days behind the RB scenes and yes, this means that you fantastic
> plugin authors must be scratching you heads at the moment ;-)    A
> moving target is harder to hit!

:-)

Hi Gerard,

Well, Valentina users will not be affected by this at all.

Because if somebody use Valentina in RB Standard, he simply adds into
plugins folder dummy file with name "DisableRBDB". This disable RBDB support
in V4RB, and everything works fine.

If somebody use RB PRO then he simply do not see above issue also.

----
I report this glitch just because exists logical mistake in these 2 windows.
I have report this into FEEDBACK just only.

To resolve this, REAL should remove modal mode for Progress window, or show
msg window not as sub-window of PROJECT, but may be as another MODAL.