Valentina 2 much faster of v1 // was : My database causes ...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Sep 14 13:28:15 CDT 2006

On 9/14/06 5:31 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> I have been using the Valentina 2.4 C++ SDK successfully in application.
> (I previously used the 1.x C++ SDK. Version 2.x is much much faster.)

Btw, we are very interested in this information! :-)

Few developers already have inform us that Valentina 2 is able overall solve
their tasks much faster of 1.x.

Matthew, can you give more details about this. On which operations you see
speedup, for which size of dbs may be, how much speed up? Just raw
estimations, no need for exact numbers

----------
Btw, we know that SOME places in v2 still are slower than they was in 1.x.
I believe we still yet potential to improve speed of Valentina2 in 2-5 times
overall.

Btw, today we will upload 2.4.2 b4 -- it contains significant improvement of
UPDATE for many records (> 32 records). You should be able see speed up in
25-35% at least for such operations as:

        UPDATE T SET f1 = 5 [WHERE ... ]
        UPDATE T SET f1 = f1 * 10 [WHERE ... ]
        UPDATE T SET f1 = f2 + 6 [WHERE ... ]

Frank, I am interested to hear if you will see speed up thanks to this for
your complex  procedure of building of db.