[ANN] VSERVER 2.5 b11 mac, SSL and Bonjour here.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 23 19:42:34 CDT 2006

Hi All,

We are happy to introduce the first beta build of 2.5 Valentina Server.
Here we have 2 main new features: support of SSL and Bonjour.

I CC to main Valentina list, because if somebody want participate in beta
testing of this features but is not subscribe to beta list, please
subscribe.

    http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta

In short:

* to use SSL you need just specify in the ini file of vserver
    enableSSL = 1. On default disabled.

    On client side you simply add call connection.UseSSL()
    before open connection.

    95% of this task done by Ivan.

* to use Bonjour

    on server side it is enabled on default.

    on client side we have add one more function:
        Valentina.LocateBonjourServices()

    95% of this this done by Kirill.

--------------------------
* We have one new example about Bonjour into each ADK.

* we have update examples to have flag about SSL in the SHARED section of
examples. Near to flag gClient.

* You can read more details about these new features here:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vserver:manual:manual

--------------------------
On Mac OS side this features add nothing into Valentina, because everything
present in OS.

On Windows side, Vserver, Vstudio and ADKs will get new dlls to support
these features.

Bonjour dlls will be included into VComponents always because it is just
50K.

SSL dlls (1MB) will be on site as separate archive most probably.
If somebody need SSL in his app, then downlaod that archive and drop 2 dlls
into VComponents folder.

P.S.

We have upload major MAC products, and I hope today evening we will be able
upload all Windows products.