V4MD for non admin users

Pierre Rossel prossel2 at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 18 11:20:23 CST 2006

> >Is V4MD supposed to work for limited users (i.e. non admin) ?
> >
> >I built an executable from Records_AddDeleteUpdate.dir from
> Examples folder
> >and created a new (normal, not admin) user on Windows XP Pro SP2. The
> >example don't work and I get a script error (no details).
> >
> >Then I just changed my test user to an administrator one and
> then sample
> >works fine.
>
> In which directory is the DB being accessed/modified? Is it possible
> it's in a folder that you have insufficient privileges to update? If
> so, I don't think it's a V4MD problem - and your testing
> seems to confirm this.

I copied sample application in a new folder on the desktop. There should be
no privilege limitation at that place. By comparing what happens with or
without admin privileges, I can see that without admin privileges, the
temporary file is not created in the temp folder. I verified that the use
can manually create a file in the temp folder.

We just have to wait for Valentina guys to reproduce the problem.

Pierre Rossel