[ANN] V4RB 2.5 b14 PEF, UB. - [NEW] BINDING

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Nov 9 00:01:24 CST 2006

Hi REALbasic developers,

    http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta

* FIXED compilation in CONSOLE app.

* this build fix encryption of BLOB fields.
    This require CHANGE OF DB FORMAT to 2.5.

    If somebody have existed ENCRYPTED dbs,
    please test this build, that Valentina is able correctly convert
    2.4 to 2.5 format.

* This build improve things with UTF8 and indexes.
    Jon, please test on your side and let me know size of indexes.
    if okay, test more to find any more glitches of UTF8.

-------------------------------------
* ATTETION *

This build introduce V4RB/Examples/Binding

New really cool feature for V4RB. We ask spend time to learn it and play
with it. Here I have made first simple tutorial. And will continue write
more docs on this feature. Although it is quite simple for understanding and
usage.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:v4rb:manual:binding:30sec_tutorial

Linked from here:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:v4rb:manual:binding:binding

* You can find 4 example projects now on this feature.

* Kim, we are waiting for your comments.

I can say that we have now made practically every major feature which
present in pgSQL4RB...And we have features which they do not have, in
particular mechanism of Commands - Buttons which say to cursor do Next/Prev
and so on.

Also, thanks to reach Valentina for RB API, and Vcursor in particular, we
can do things in more simple way then pgSQL4RB. For example that simplest
example for PG have 4 lines of code, we have 2 lines only...

And I think now ... May be if provide class V4RB_Window .... Then may be its
possible avoid even that 2 lines of code :-)