Odd behavior for Intel build

jda jda at his.com
Mon Nov 6 22:02:53 CST 2006

Hi Ruslan,

I have a try-catch block set up to make sure that a record with a
duplicated uniqueID isn't imported.

       success = false
       do
         try
           theUniqueID = theUniqueID + 1
           myCursor.LongField("uniqueID").value = theUniqueID
           call myCursor.addRecord
           success = true
         catch theError5 as VException
           if theError5.ErrorNumber =
EVError.ConstraintUniqueViolation then //EVError4.ErrorNumber =
144643 then //and myDatabase.errNumber = 344 then //duplicate uniqueID
             //just loop back to the try and, uh, try again
           else
             myCursor = nil
             raise theError5
           end if
         end try
       loop until success

This works fine for PPC builds. But with a i386 build (RB 2006r4,
Valentina b12), the catch code doesn't fire, and I get this error if
the uniqueID isn't unique:

"Attempt to insert duplicate key row in object "thereferences" with
unique index "U_thereferences_uniqueID".

Jon