[ANN] V4RB and 4MD mac 2.5 b12 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Nov 6 11:03:06 CST 2006

On 11/6/06 12:29 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:

Hi Jon,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I just noticed that the VComponents folder for the UB (MACHO + Win)
> build is 56.7 MB. Yikes! Are there any files we can get rid of if we
> are building a local db for Mac OS X universal binary only?

In fact no...

We need spend some time future to find ways how this can be done on GCC.

In CodeWarrior and Visual it is so easy.
We just say linker that this and this dlls should be linked WEAK.

Also on Valentina lists there was thread 2 months ago where we all have
agree that when 10.5 will be shipped, near to this time should be ready
Valentina 3.0 -- we will drop support of 10.3, and will remove for MacOS all
ICU libraries from VComponents, instead we will use ICU from MACOS itself.
This should drop us down to 25-27Mb...