Stan's slow problem

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Wed May 31 18:36:36 CDT 2006

Hi,

Virtual memory size doesn't change.

The 'fault' is when you select the app to monitor, press 'inspect',
and on the window you get, select 'Statistics'. 'Faults' is on the
left, last line.

Yesterday I made a lot of tests and as a result I am even more
confused than before. Summing the time taken by each query, you get a
very good timing. I removed anything else in the loop and it is still
slow. Seems 99% of the time is wasted on the For...next. Don't
understand it... No calculation there.

The loop without queries is instantaneous, queries are fast but
queries inside the loop get a slow overall timing. Completely nonsense.

Stan