Sources of problem isolated

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 27 12:12:43 CDT 2006

Hi Jochen,

I think I see now source of problem in your project.

You do next logic of Valentina calls:

    db1 = new Vdatabase

    db1.Create( "prefs" )
    ... Write here tables and records

    (!) mistake -- you have not close db

-------
    now other function probably do

    db2 = new VDatabase

    db2.Open( "prefs" )   <<<<< start of problem

            Valentina on MAC OS X cannot work with exclusive open of file
            you all know this OS X / Linux behavior.

            what is strange, it seems latest OS X now open file second
            time as read only. So any write operation will return -61 error

            So we have now 2 db objects that have open the same file
            cache have pages from the same file controlled by 2 different
            db objects... Nightmare.

    s = db2.ScehamVersion

    db.Close()

            Here I see attempts to flush during close,
            this do write and get -61 exception.

So, Jon, this is serious bug in your app. Please fix it asap.
Then send me new project.

Of course I need try to find some way in Valentina protect from such kind of
mistakes...