The next improvements

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sun May 21 13:22:26 CDT 2006

On Sunday, May 21, 2006 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 5/21/06 6:45 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>>> * when we finish these tasks we will of course make iteration by Mantis bugs
>>> reported in this time. Meanwhile we have try fix only really urgent bugs
>>> which was showstoppers for developers.
>>>

>> Bug #1429 is a show-stopper for me.  But as a hobbyist, I am certainly not
>> asking you to change your plans on my account.  I am only asking that someone
>> look at the small example project I created and let me know if what I am
>> seeing is a bug or something I am doing wrong.
>>
>> I can remove the feature causing the problem and wait for a fix but I'd like
>> to plan accordingly or look for a work around.  What is the point of using
>> Mantis if we don't get feedback?  You should be able to see the situation
>> quickly using my small project.  If not, let me know and I'll set it up
>> better.
>>
>> By the way, I accidently marked this report as private when it shouldn't be
>> but I don't see a way to change that.  If you can change it for me, that would
>> be great.
>
>1429 related to Convert_1_2 ... This is area of Ivan.
>
>I can advice for you try next workaround:
>
>    convert v1 to v2

At this point, it seems to me the database is not open.  When I return from the convert routine, I open the database before doing anything with it.  I don't have a Vdatabase object on return from the convert, just a folderitem.  So, I can't close a db that is not open.

>    close db
>    db = null
>
>    db = new Vdatabase
>    db.open
>
>    create fields you need..
>
>May be this will work

Anyway, I tried this.  After the convert, I do a Valentina shutdown and then do the init as when starting the application.  The error still occurs when I try the SQL to access the updated table.

So, I still have the error.  But again, I am not asking for a fix right away.  Just a confirmation that the error exists and I am not crazy!  At lease not crazy in regard to this one thing.  :-)   Also, if it gets confirmed, I know it is on your radar.  That is sufficient for now.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/