The next improvements

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 19 17:18:39 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

Valentina 2.x is finally pretty stable for me, and I thank you for
that. There is still db corruption that occurs more frequently than
it should -- I hear about problems from my users more often than I
like -- but it is not unbearable. The ability to verify (diagnose)
databases from the application is a big help, too.

Now that the most pressing issues are taken care of, I want to remind
you of features that were promised as well as bugs/enhancements that
need to be fixed/made. I will give you my personal list (from most
important to least). I'm sure everyone on this listserv has his own
priorities. These are mine. Please consider dealing with these sooner
rather than later -- they matter to my users.

1. Storage as UTF-8!!!!!

2. Improve compact for blob fields (stop db bloat!) -- Mantis #1216

3. Allow accented characters in app's pathname -- #522 (look  how old that is)

4. V4RB should use VComponents in the same folder/bundle *before*
looking to CFMSupport -- #1090

5. Slow NOT searches -- #546

That's all for now. Thanks!

Jon