V4CC Tableview example

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 17 14:40:59 CDT 2006

On 5/17/06 12:34 PM, "Justin Drury" <soundminer at mac.com> wrote:

> In the target there is a run script phase that creates a sym link to
> libvkernel.

Aha, I see, scripts

> This bit is going to sound like a broken records but....
>
> if you build an app against V4CC(packaged app, this bit is important)... then
> move that app to a computer that has no previous valnetina sdk install(no
> vcomponents in /usr/local/lib) and put v4cc in /Library/Frameworks and run,
> the app will crash.
>
> Some valentina component searches for libvkernel in
> /usr/local/lib/vcomponents, when its not found it then searches
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/VComponents
>
> This is something in your Valentina code!  Only workaround is to create a
> symlink to libverkernel in apps package(or I guess in
> /usr/local/lib/vcomponents) to trick valentina...
>
> or to move off from using framework in /Library/Frameworks and put into
> executable path...(will stop the 10.4u SDK hassle), but MUCH bigger apps!

Well, this is what we recommend to do in 90% of cases.

It is much more safe to have framework INSIDE of .app
And not conflict to anything.

Even if you put framework into /Library, this NOT make your apps smaller!
Your installer still need contain VComponents folder. Right ?

So I do not see advantage put into Frameworks...
    - it is good while we develop app.
    - but release better put all into .app

Well, may be somebody can prefer to put it into Framework only if he ship to
his users SET of apps which all use Valentina engine. Then right, it is good
idea put Valentina engine into central place.