Database conversion

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 6 19:39:56 CDT 2006

On 5/6/06 5:12 PM, "Halldor Gislason" <halldorg at vortex.is> wrote:

Hi Haldor,

> Why is the product sold without a decent documentation with no quality control
> that ensures that the different products do have the same level of
> documentation?

How you image such quality control ?
Our quality control  is - time and constant iterations to fix glitches.

Seriously, we dream developer special database driven system for our docs
and their auto-generation, but this is project of future.

> Are you seriouse about the C++/Cocoa products or can it be expected that you
> drop those and become a RB/Director product solely?

We cannot drop them because C++ is primary language of Valentina engine,
right?

I perfectly understand the luck of docs for C++ developers...
We do all our best, Halldor...just work is more than time

> The C products lag months or years behind the RB stuff in terms of release
> time and always seem to be treated as secondary products where the
> documentation is really nowhere near the standards required for development
> products - do you intent to change this?

This is not true - about behind and release time !!!

C++ API even now is superior to all other products.
Because we cannot wrap 100% of C++ features into plugin products.

> When do you expect to publish C++ reference? I have been using your product
> almost since you started and the only C reference is I think since 2000 or
> 2001 !

Todo such C++ Reference I need stop development and spend at least ONE Month
working in inDesign and PDF....problematic.

* I recommend you download and use V4RB Reference.pdf
    this is the most near by ideas (classes) lang to c++ SDK.

* I think you have see that we have setup wiki on our site.
    This is because now we can grow online docs step by step.

   - I have 30 minutes now - I go to Wiki and write one more page.

   - You ask me something, I must answer you NOT in email letter
        but in WIKI and give you that URL.

    this is idea...

* We really pay less attention to C++ SDK because you can image that we have
not many C++ developers. This is bad of course. We are VERY VERY interested
in C++ developers because you see the most low levels of Valentina and can
help even improve it...