[ANN] V4RB, V4MD mac+win and V4REV, Vservers win 2.3 b5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 16 23:55:12 CST 2006

>> * This build contains big remake of VarChar field
>>
>>     - now we limit it to VarChar[1022] for UTF16
>>         in 2.4 we will move this up to VarChar[2044]
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Just to be clear, I already have several VarChar fields of [2000]. I
> won't be able to use any more beta2.3 versions, right? I'll have to
> stick with beta 4 unto 2.4 betas are ready.

Hi Jon,

Well, Then I think we need enable VarChar[2044] right now ...
Actually not big problem I think. Only algorithms should be changed...

ANYBODY ELSE use VarChar bigger of 2044 ?

    If yes, then you should ship new version of your app using 2.2,
    and convert that fields into VarChar[2044] or into TEXT.

    only after this you should use v2.3+ of Valentina