[ANN] V4RB, V4MD mac+win and V4REV, Vservers win 2.3 b5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 16 23:13:39 CST 2006

Hi All,

You can download 2.3 b5 build for many products.
    (if somebody need other products let me know)

* This build contains big remake of VarChar field

    - now we limit it to VarChar[1022] for UTF16
        in 2.4 we will move this up to VarChar[2044]

        in general, limit is 4Kb per VarChar.

    - VarChar now is much faster. I have not test it separately.
        but in V4RB/Examples/V1/SingleTable project present
        9 numeric fields and one VarChar. 100K adds of records

                was 3.5 sec
                now 3.2 sec.
            ----------------
                10% speedup.

        but VarChar itself has bigger growing up.

    - fixed bug in VarChar which could come if you add a lots of records
        in small cache.

* V4RB and VNET products now contains quite complete
    example TestProject

   Its target -- to test code of plugin itself.
   for kernel we have other C++ tests.

   I think you can find useful learn this project, and help us
    periodically test it and improve endlessly :-)

  Right now we develop such project for V4MD, then will be made
  for VCOM and V4REV.

* We have add new feature to kernel:
    you can now turn ON/OFF warning.log
    read our Wiki for new SQL commands for this.

    there is not many yet info here, but we will constantly improve it.
    for example, we going in nearest time add here explanation of
    query execution with time of EACH operation. We believe that such
    feature will help to you and to us easy discover bottlenecks
    of slow queries, and also see what in query on in db structure
    should be optimized to get faster results.