[V4RB] I found out how to corrupt a database with RB IDE

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 19:23:08 CST 2006

Hi,

I have a case here that always corrupt the database and is fully
reproducible. First I reindex my database with myDatabase.SQLExecute
( "REINDEX DATABASE" ), once done I switch to RB IDE and press Stop.
If I try to reopen the database, several tables are corrupt. Actually
I think it is not usable anymore. Trashing index doesn't help and
when opening Valentina Studio you get an error and then only half
tables. It is quite interesting as all the corrupt databases sent by
my clients so far use to have the same symptoms.

Note that switching to RB IDE and pressing the Stop button without
reindexing the database first doesn't cause any problems, it is only
if you reindex and then press stop.

Does it help? Could it be possible to look at that? I can open a
Mantis ticket and a sample project of course.

Stan