[ANN] ROADMAP for next builds

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Mar 1 16:34:41 CST 2006

I've no info on RB app sales, but I will offer a few comments from
presentations at REAL World 2006:

Geoff did show a graph of RB sales, which I can probably drag a copy out of
the presentations CD we got, showing that that Linux sales were just
starting, but growing strong and are going to be a major focus of RS sales
in the coming year.  He also mentioned that on one of the unix platforms,
Linspire I believe, that RB was the top unavailable application asked for,
not just across development tools, but across all tools.   RS also announced
that that they are partnering with Linspire and that RS is now available as
a Linspire download.  Also, Matt noted later in a Linspire session that
there is no cost for the standard edition of RB for Linux.

I also have to add that the Linspire presentation was one of the most
impressive presentations I saw at RW.  Reading the NUG list I've frequently
had the question of, "Ok, so if I want to mess around with unix, which of
the numerous port should I try and deploy.  After seeing the Linspire
presentation that questions has been completely answered as far as I'm
concerned, and Linspire is certainly the Unix port of choice for my personal
needs.  It is oriented toward desktop and home users rather than for use on
a server, and the support, ease-of-use, and very low cost are very
attractive.

I just checked the presentation CD.  I didn't see a presentation there for
Geoff's keynote unfortunately.

Hope this helps.
--Ed