Triggers

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 29 22:27:21 CDT 2006

On 6/29/06 9:30 PM, "Sims, John (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) (CTR)" <ayu8 at cdc.gov>
wrote:

Hi John,

> In your "Roadmap" post back in February, you mentioned that you thought
> you would have Triggers and views in 2.4.  I was wondering if that is
> still the case or have Triggers been pushed back?

You know that our wish is always faster of our abilities :)

For info: we have decide that Triggers is less important feature than views.
    Especially interesting looks materialized views.
    they really can speedup things.

> Also, do you have any kind of write-up on how you envision triggers will
> be implemented in Valentina (I didn't find anything on the Wiki but I
> may not have looked hard enough)?

For now we have put triggers on "last point in order"

    transactions, XMLSQL, views, ... Triggers.